Call for ICDAR2019 Workshops
The ICDAR2019 Organizing Committee invites proposals for workshops that will be held before the commencement of the main conference.
Researchers interested in organizing workshops at ICDAR2019 are invited to submit a proposal, including the following information.
- Preference for the duration (full day or half day) and date (September 21 and/or 22)
- Scope and motivation
- Relevance for ICDAR
- Potential program committee
- Short CV of organizers
In order to facilitate innovative collaboration and engagement between members of other research communities and the document analysis community, the Workshop Chairs strongly encourage researchers to submit proposals on recent important topics as these topics are also very much related to the document analysis community. Workshops proposing discussions about topics dealing with an open vision of the notion of documents are also welcome.
- The ICDAR organizers will handle the workshop registration and provide workshop space, coffee breaks and other facilities required to organize workshops (c.f., a room, a projector and a screen). In addition, a free registration is provided to the workshop organizers.
- About proceedings:
- Workshop proceedings will be published by IEEE Conference Publishing Services through the ICDAR organizers.
- Please set the camera-ready due date at July 5, 2019 or prior.
- The front matter (preface, title page and so on) and the paper order with session dividers are provided from the workshop organizers to the ICDAR2019 Publication Chairs. (Its due date will be set around the same date as camera-ready papers.)
- Proceeding costs will also be borne by the ICDAR organizers.
- If the conditions above are not met, the proceedings will not be published through the ICDAR organizers, and they will need to be published locally by the workshop organizers.
- If a workshop incurs costs for invited speakers, the workshop organizers are required to bear that cost. The workshop organizers may solicit sponsorship to cover the relevant costs. They may use the free registration for the invited speaker.
Submission Guidelines and Inquiries
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the Workshop Chairs (Jean-Marc Ogier and Seiichi Uchida) via:
icdar2019-workshop *** human.ait.kyushu-u.ac.jp
(please replace *** with atmark).
For any inquiries you may have regarding the workshops, please contact us via the above email.
- Proposal Due: November 30, 2018
- Acceptance Notification: December 30, 2018
- Dates of Workshops: September 21 – 22, 2019